Booking an Appointment
All patients registered with Dr Freeman and Partners can attend an appointment at any 3 of our surgeries. We have Oulton Medical Centre, Marsh Street Surgery (In Rothwell) and Swillington Health Practice. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, most consultations are still being held over the telephone or via a video consultation. However, our doctors will invite you for a face-to-face appointment when needed.
Our nurses and healthcare assistants are still holding clinics in practice for appointments that cannot be performed over the phone such as blood tests and vaccinations. If you have an appointment with the nurse and cannot attend, please make sure to let us know in advance so your appointment can be offered to someone else.
Patients can request an appointment by calling any of our surgeries and speaking to one of our receptionists. Our phone lines can be busy so you can also submit an eConsult if your query isn't urgent. See below for more information.
eConsult is an online service which allows you to contact us at anytime on weekdays, so you don't have to fit around our schedule. Messages are checked every working day by our team and we endeavour to respond by the end of the following working day, if not sooner. If you have a non-urgent issue, this is a great alternative to calling the practice.
Ways to use eConsult:
- Tell us about your health concerns by filling out a guided form. If you require an appointment we will contact you as soon as possible with an appointment slot
- Get NHS advice on minor ailments that can be treated from home
- Send us an administrative request - Such as fit notes, hospital letters, test result queries etc.
To get started, simply click here to be taken to our eConsult homepage. From there, click on the option which best suits your needs and follow the guided form/questions. You do not need to create an account or worry about remembering passwords. In addition, any information you do submit is sent directly and securely to us.
We ask that patients always try to cancel pre-booked appointments if they know they cannot attend. Each month, an average of 35 hours is wasted through patients failing to attend the surgery. All missed appointments are monitored and actioned where appropriate. This is an issue that we take very seriously and, sadly, repeat offences may result in the practice sending a letter asking you to move to another GP surgery. See below for the many ways that you can cancel your appointment.
- Reply to your appointment reminder text with the word 'Cancel'. We will do the rest.
- Fill out our appointment cancellation form, it only takes a few seconds. Click on the image below.
- Call any of our surgeries and speak to a receptionist.
- Send us an email on our secure email address - firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't forget to tell us your name, date of birth, appointment date and time.
Please help us help you by cancelling your appointments in advance where possible. Thank you.